CarynHealth's product engineering accelerated with UST PACE+ on AWS Cloud
Drove Developer productivity, increased application quality, improved time to value
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Alpharetta, Ga., CarynHealth provides cloud technology solutions for managed services healthcare plans. Offering intuitive apps and holistic support, the company’s secure, scalable, customizable platform and applications can help benefits companies modernize their IT infrastructure and services.
New digital product line required comprehensive software delivery lifecycle framework
When CarynHealth decided to productize several application offerings, the company needed to transform its product engineering practices. The company’s list of requirements included:
- An end-to-end software engineering platform: that offered integrated DevSecOps tools and workflows following agile best practices for managing projects and repositories; building, testing and deploying code; scanning for vulnerabilities; and orchestrating DevOps processes.
- Integrated automation workflows: for CI/CD pipelines and testing processes.
- Embedded quality and security workflows: following a “shift left” early detection and remediation strategy.
- Single-pane-of-glass transparency and actionable insights: using near real time tracking and governance data with end-to-end visibility into all software engineering processes providing aggregated insights, reporting, and issue alerts.
- A solution that could run on AWS Cloud: to easily integrate with its existing IT infrastructure.
UST PACE+ on AWS Cloud became the foundation of software engineering practice
CarynHealth selected the UST PACE+ (Platform for Accelerated Cloud Engineering) framework deployed on AWS Cloud to underpin its application development practice. UST PACE+, a complete DevSecOps framework that integrates foundational tools and structured development processes in a seamless service, helped CarynHealth’s software engineering practice quickly mature and transform its digital product line of business. Now, the development teams follow best practice policies and workflows, use automations that boost productivity and eliminate human errors, focus on shift-left quality and security testing, and rely on end-to-end transparency to understand and manage the application development ecosystem. The development teams achieved these best practice outcomes as a result of UST PACE+ on AWS:
- Integrated CI/CD pipelines.
- Threat modeling.
- Static and dynamic application security testing (SAST/DAST scans).
- Terraform infrastructure as code (IaC) templates.
- IaC script scanning and validation.
- A test-driven development (TDD) approach to security scanning.
- Persona-centric insights.
- Automated logging of vulnerabilities and remediation recommendations.
Healthcare company increased productivity and digital product reliability with end-to-end software engineering platform
CarynHealth is well-positioned to rapidly deliver innovative cloud-based technology solutions to the health insurance market. In just a few months, the UST PACE+ platform helped the company’s software engineering teams produce more reliable digital products by:
- Reducing 80% of its security defects.
- Eliminating over 150 OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.
- Increasing the frequency of product deployments from 2 months to 2 weeks.
- Decreasing Product engineering cost by 15% while improving product reliability and security.