UST helped pharmaceutical manufacturing plant achieve >99% uptime
This multinational company is a leader in the contract pharmaceutical industry. It helps clients develop and produce products from early-stage through commercial production. The company employs nearly 10,000 people worldwide with over $1 billion valuation.
IT staff wanted to outsource SAP systems management
UST augmented internal IT staff with SAP infrastructure and application expertise
With a managed services engagement, the UST team of SAP experts took over Level 2 and Level 3 IT support for the facility’s SAP cloud platform and applications. In addition, the managed services team provided:
- Infrastructure management services- with oversight for the facility’s IT policies, processes, data, security, and staffing to ensure the technology infrastructure meets performance SLAs
- Application management services- to optimize and upgrade applications so the facility and its business users can function at peak productivity
- Evolutionary maintenance services- to proactively enhance the facility’s SAP cloud infrastructure and applications to keep pace with advances in the technology landscape
- Change management support- to assist the facility’s IT team in managing technology changes and help drive user adoption as new features, functionality, and systems are released
UST’s SAP expertise helped production facility optimize and enhance technology footprint
The IT team at the pharmaceutical production plant now has the expert support it needs to manage and evolve its SAP technology footprint. By augmenting the facility’s internal Level 1 support teams with additional SAP talent from UST, the facility can seamlessly handle any SAP cloud platform or application issue that arises. Since the managed services engagement began, the UST SAP team has helped the internal IT team:
- Integrate SAP Financial Management with the Suministro Inmediato de Información (SII) platform to automatically submit invoice data to Spain’s tax department.
- Optimize technical processes.
- Tune the infrastructure to achieve > 99% availability.
- Implement a new IT governance model.