Transforming India’s leading non-banking financial company (NBFC) from branch operations to fully digital
- Indian multinational conglomerate headquartered in Kochi, Kerala.
- 5330+ branches in 29 states in India
- Presence in Nepal, Sri Lanka, US, UK, and UAE
- 40,000+ employees
Scalability and poor security
The client is a fast-growing business looking to expand operations into thousands of cities and towns in India while ensuring their IT systems remain highly secured. To accomplish this and improve the user experience, the client needed to reduce its reliance on branch-based operations.
In addition, legacy technology and operations meant it took an enormous amount of time to set up new branches, which would have poor network connectivity and data security issues. At some bank branches in India, poor connectivity could delay the turnaround on orders to take as long as 68 days.
It would require a digital transformation to their operations to create the customer experience they aspired to provide.
Modernizing IT operations
UST built a digital, cloud-based architecture that the client named Digital Blue that also translated into a vastly improved customer experience for the millions who depend on the client’s financial services.
UST’s solution revolutionized the client’s IT infrastructure through managed IT support including the provisioning and management of IT infrastructure across the following Service Towers:
- Datacenter consolidation & asset management
- Private cloud hosting and hybrid cloud management
- Migrating all applications to on-prem cloud
- VDI for all branches connected through SD WAN
- Command and control center through an integrated delivery model
- Service desk & end-user management
- Branch operations
This collaboration between UST and the client is a standout example of a modern IT infrastructure driving a scalable and sustainable digital operating model.
Millions in costs savings and improved customer experience
In the end, the client’s infrastructure was a fully modern architecture that addressed the connectivity challenges with an agile design and flexible enough to incorporate future business needs. It also enabled the company to reach and serve customers who struggled to make it to physical branches.
- Improved accessibility and user experience
- Reduced new branch provisioning time from 68 days to 2 days
- Reduced network costs by 80%
EXPERTISE & RESOURCES
Discover our resources
Learn more about the expertise and resources that helped us achieve success on this project.