Global financial and compliance company sees 94% improvement in incident resolution
This global information services company provides critical data and solutions for a wide range of industries, including finance, healthcare, legal and compliance. With operations in more than 150 countries, the company employs nearly 20,000 people and generates annual revenue of more than €5 billion.
Workplace technology services team wanted to improve employee IT support experience
After assessing the maturity of its internal IT support services against industry standard best practices, the company realized it needed to eliminate functional silos and improve processes in its North American, Asia Pacific, and European regional support centers—so it could deliver more value to employees. According to the analysis, the company needed to:
- Standardize processes- The three global support centers followed different ad hoc processes without documented procedures and policies.
- Improve call and ticket management- Although the company had tools to manage calls and tickets, systems weren’t standardized and support personnel weren’t using the applications as effectively as possible.
- Document knowledge resources- The company didn’t have a knowledge repository to share and reuse standardized service resources.
- Implement a continuous improvement strategy- The support team needed a comprehensive plan to ensure its workplace technology team could deliver top-notch IT support at all times.
Overhauled IT support services with unified, standardized, global strategy
The company addressed its operational issues by following a multifaceted plan that consisted of:
- Centralized service delivery- The company deployed Genesys PureCloud as the operational foundation of its regional contact centers. The solution offered scalability to meet the needs of global enterprises, standardized processes across international regions as well as localized phone support and expertise to serve employees anywhere in the world.
- Digital tools- The company selected ServiceNow to help manage calls and tickets with automated workflows and self-service functionality, like password resets. The company also implemented UST DIA integrated with Microsoft Teams to provide multilingual chatbot services, which was especially important in the European support center because it dealt with many different languages.
- Transition at scale- The project team documented all processes to drive standardization across the three regional contact centers and to help reduce dependencies on specific people and vendors. The team also focused on key metrics and milestones to avoid service disruptions and ensure a smooth transition to the new solutions and processes—especially in the more complex European call center.
- Transform to amaze- This facet of the strategy focused on productivity improvements to reduce service resolution timeframes and included workflow automations, self-service capabilities, chat services, chatbots, and a virtual tech bar.
- Global delivery with exceptional talent- Here, the project team made sure the service center personnel had the skills they needed to deliver valuable support to employees in a timely manner using integrated solutions, standardized processes and documented resources in a collaborative environment across the three regional service centers.
- Continuous improvements- With a focus on first-call resolution, the workplace technology services team concentrated on user adoption of the new tools and self-service functionality as well as ongoing system and process improvements to enhance the employee experience and boost productivity across the company.
Improved call resolution timeframe by 94%, expected to save $20 million over five years
Prior to the global project, employee satisfaction scores were in the 70% range. Now that the company has eliminated regional service center silos and transformed its workplace technology services with standardized processes and knowledge resources, satisfaction scores are topping 90%. The company has also achieved these impressive metrics:
- 94% improvement- In average incident resolution timeframe, from 14 hours to 52 minutes
- 86%- Calls resolved the same day
- 6% increase- In first-call resolution rate, from 75% to 81%
- $20 million- Expected savings across the company within five years
- $2.5 million- Expected savings just by consolidating the functionality of the European service center
Digital Transformation Technologies
We work with leaders to define the best path forward for their organization and harness the tools and technologies that will take them there.
Deliver differentiated digital customer experiences in less than 90 days with our financial services technology platform and open fintech partner ecosystem.
Cloud Transformation & Infrastructure Modernization
We’ll help you transform your traditional, stand-alone IT using a full range of domain-specific solutions across public and private cloud technologies.