Customer engagement and analytics platform grew utilities IT company's market share to $1.2 billion
This American technology company primarily focuses on the utilities industry. It provides software solutions to help energy companies achieve sustainability goals, while reducing electricity consumption and costs for consumers. The organization employs several hundred people.
Wanted a technology partner to help drive product innovation
The leadership team at this IT company wanted to increase market share by delivering an innovative new solution to the utilities marketplace. However, the company’s existing technology infrastructure wasn’t flexible or scalable enough to meet the rapid delivery goals for the new product. The company was searching for a strategic partner with deep application development and software engineering expertise.
Provided end-to-end support for product engineering ecosystem
The UST Product Engineering team has been the customer’s strategic technology and product engineering partner for more than a decade. Building upon that long relationship, our application engineering experts quickly assembled a skilled group of professionals to design, develop, and deploy a robust customer engagement and data analytics platform with embedded artificial intelligence algorithms for energy disaggregation, consumer usage pattern predictions, clustering, and the like. The solution was in a deployed in an AWS Cloud environment.
The UST project team provided comprehensive support for the entire company’s product engineering ecosystem, including:
- Business operations oversight, including IT, administration, HR, and finance
- Ideation and design
- Data engineering processes and analytics
- Application development and quality assurance following DevOps and CI/CD best practices
- User acceptance testing in the production environment
- Learning and professional development
Successfully delivered innovative energy analytics solution
After a seamless product development process, UST helped the client launch the customer engagement and analytics platform. The project achieved these results:
- 50%—reduction in application development costs
- 30%—infrastructure cost savings by combining on-demand Amazon EC2 and Amazon EC2 Spot instance
- 40 million—low to moderate-income households benefit from the energy-efficient solution
- 6X—increase in concurrent users
- 150%—increase in online energy audits